Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

RoleplayProject

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Roleplaying Roxwood instead of LS

Featured Replies

As you know, LS is large - SA is HUGE for SUCH a small playerbase. I get it. City vibes, LA vibes. But... Central and Northern Cali vibes..

Cfx Forum
No image preview

[MAP] Roxwood County

Ambitioneers gallery Direct link to the Roxwood county subscription package Introduction to the package Welcome to the world of Roxwood County, a stunning new map expansion for GTA 5 created by Th

Roxwood County - It's something new. unfamiliar, sure. But, new, the MAP IS SMALLER and has actual vibes. I feel like, regardless - It'd be easier to meet people. I myself? Pretty bored of the rinse repeat LAFD, LASD, LAPD, etc across every heavy text for...20+ years, ngl. Sure, VC Roleplay soon? But, give us something new.

MLO Trailer:

roxwood_roadmap

Pros:

  • Playerbase not spread too thin.

  • map is smaller.

  • Still California inspired (Northern and Central).

  • No more rinse and repeat of the same LAPD, LASD, etc.

  • Players would probably try as it’s fresh, LS feels a bit stale.

Cons:

  • Map not as large as SA.

  • Means restarting establishing lore.

  • Stepping away from ‘familiarity’ which is a factor some make or break a players decision.

  • ‘Starting again’.

Pros and cons all being thought of by myself - I know change sucks but sometimes, sometimes it happens or has to.

AND do note - the list isn’t exhaustive, it’s personal.

But we’d needn’t not ‘start again’ - tbh, change is a process and we could slowly transition in a sense of, factions working over time to adapt their documents etc, and then yknow, slowly ease the community into the change.

Edited by Jorgensen

+1 from me. It’s a fresh map and honestly seems very interesting. The vibes are great, and I definitely think there’s potential with this. It would fit great with the size of the current playerbase, making it easier to actually cross paths, meet people and interact.

Edited by zoephix

Interesting pitch.

That sounds interesting in theory, and I understand the appeal of having something different from the usual Los Angeles inspired Los Santos setting. A smaller, unfamiliar map could potentially give the server its own identity.

However, I think the downsides outweigh the benefits, especially in the long term. Moving the entire project to a new map would require us to build and adapt a significant amount of content around it. This would affect everything from legal and illegal factions to server lore, worldbuilding, and other systems tied to the current setting. If the playerbase eventually grows beyond what the map can comfortably support, we could find ourselves having to redo much of that work again in the future.

The current map may feel too large for our existing playerbase, but I believe that is a problem we can address through gameplay, faction placements, and encouraging activity in specific areas without permanently limiting ourselves to a smaller map. I think it would be better to focus on making the existing world feel more alive and concentrated around specific locations rather than committing the entire project to a map that we may eventually outgrow.

im very familiar with the roxwood mlo. a server i had used it for about a year and it caused nothing but MAJOR problems and many of the interiors are just very unfortunately made and it just caused nothing but issues. I can see a minor paleto explansion but when i was playing medic, this one was just BAD

ill take it a step further. the region with the car dealership and water park is missing collision textures and cars will often fall through the world. Its just too much. Even if it worked I'd hate to see it

  • Author
21 minutes ago, Oheus said:

ill take it a step further. the region with the car dealership and water park is missing collision textures and cars will often fall through the world. Its just too much. Even if it worked I'd hate to see it

Here’s the thing - I’ve played and seen @zoephix try it today, we didn’t experience any of this? O.o

49 minutes ago, Jorgensen said:

Here’s the thing - I’ve played and seen @zoephix try it today, we didn’t experience any of this? O.o

Well perhaps the person. Who implemented it on my past server wasnt every good? Either way I think county rp shouldn't be expanded THAT MUCH

Its a large expansion and the server isint ready for it

Even on world it would spread county rp too thin

  • Author
37 minutes ago, Oheus said:

Well perhaps the person. Who implemented it on my past server wasnt every good? Either way I think county rp shouldn't be expanded THAT MUCH

Its a large expansion and the server isint ready for it

Even on world it would spread county rp too thin

My proposal was to BEGIN in Roxwood and then slowly expand. You could easily create ways to limit the RP to said part of the map without removing SA entirely or yeah. But, imo it should be explored and held to a community vote ngl.

I would like to see more community feedback on this matter before I give a definitive answer.

Always been a firm believer in the idea that by now roleplaying for around a decade on LS whole scene needs some changes.
I am just curious if Roxwood would be the solution for that feeling. Yet in the scene of many LS based servers, that could be one thing to stand out. Regardless, true we as a community should at least discuss about cons and possible solutions or at least agreements to lessen the possible damage.

The idea is nice, but you've got to remember that we'd have to rework a lot and implement a lot on the modding side. We'd need a whole new LEO faction, a new fire/hospital faction, and much more.

  • Author
17 minutes ago, Furkan said:

That sounds interesting in theory, and I understand the appeal of having something different from the usual Los Angeles inspired Los Santos setting. A smaller, unfamiliar map could potentially give the server its own identity.

However, I think the downsides outweigh the benefits, especially in the long term. Moving the entire project to a new map would require us to build and adapt a significant amount of content around it. This would affect everything from legal and illegal factions to server lore, worldbuilding, and other systems tied to the current setting. If the playerbase eventually grows beyond what the map can comfortably support, we could find ourselves having to redo much of that work again in the future.

The current map may feel too large for our existing playerbase, but I believe that is a problem we can address through gameplay, faction placements, and encouraging activity in specific areas without permanently limiting ourselves to a smaller map. I think it would be better to focus on making the existing world feel more alive and concentrated around specific locations rather than committing the entire project to a map that we may eventually outgrow.

Imo, Roxwood County - Connects to San Andreas' main land, potential idea is, handle the bridges how GTA:SA handles them I suppose? Tolls and eventually can make lore for why the playable area expands (Opening said tolls?).

52 minutes ago, Effect said:

Always been a firm believer in the idea that by now roleplaying for around a decade on LS whole scene needs some changes.
I am just curious if Roxwood would be the solution for that feeling. Yet in the scene of many LS based servers, that could be one thing to stand out. Regardless, true we as a community should at least discuss about cons and possible solutions or at least agreements to lessen the possible damage.

+1 definitely, I'd love a poll.

28 minutes ago, Jordan said:

The idea is nice, but you've got to remember that we'd have to rework a lot and implement a lot on the modding side. We'd need a whole new LEO faction, a new fire/hospital faction, and much more.

Imo, I don't think this would be an overnight change and in terms of factions? I think we could just rework our current factions. Smooth transition = No need for a deadline?

Edited by Jorgensen

I would say if more factions appeared the issue would simply expand and at the same time the transition would be harder.

Its a no from me. Even if the areas problems can be implemented better than I experienced ? Jordan is right

You gotta consider all the gov orgs you gotta make as result

From a LFM standpoint, there will be quite a bit of things to do and I'll explain it in phases

Phase 1

We would have audit existing factions. What do I mean by audit? I mean we have to meet with each faction and determine the following:

  • Whether the faction still fits Roxwood County

  • Whether it needs to be renamed, reorganized, or completely replaced with a new concept

  • What existing ranks, divisions, and characters can remain

  • What uniforms, vehicles, liveries, buildings, and documents require updates

  • Whether any faction has overlapping responsibilities in such a small area

  • Whether leadership intends to continue after the transition

Phase 2

We would need to figure out the new faction structure:

Los Santos Police Department -> Roxwood Police Department?
Los Santos County Sheriff’s Department -> Roxwood County Sheriff's Department
Los Santos Government -> Roxwood Government
Pillbox Hill Medical Center -> New Hospital Name
And other civilian faction names.

Obviously not every faction needs “Roxwood” in its name. Private companies, hospitals, news organizations, and other civilian factions should have distinct identities so the community does not feel overly standardized.

Phase 3

Every single faction that has to undergo a chance will now have to do the work needed to follow through with that change, such as:

  • Official name and abbreviation

  • Logo, seal, and branding

  • Faction backstory

  • Mission and responsibilities

  • Jurisdiction

  • Rank structure

  • Divisions and specialized units

  • Headquarters and station locations

  • Recruitment material

  • Forum and Discord information

  • Handbooks, SOPs, and policies

  • Character uniforms and identification

  • Vehicle liveries and callsigns

Faction histories should explain how the organization fits into Roxwood County without forcing every member to completely restart their character.

Phase 4

All changes will then have to be approved by LFM/Management. This includes the use of seals, liveries, MLOs, mapping, forums etc.

Phase 5

Transition period. We would for sure need the vehicle liveries/models, uniforms, mapping, mlos, etc in game in order to even start this period, everything HAS to be ready to go.

Im sure im missing different items here but you get the point.

  • 4 weeks later...

We are not moving to an unstable MLO

Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.